- One-word comments like “Cool!” or “Thanks!” While I appreciate the congrats, I’d love to hear more about what exactly you love, and (even more importantly) why.
- Shameless self-promotion. Comments that contain links to your site within the body or otherwise encourage folks to visit your blog without being related to the post at hand are a no-no. If you’d like to increase traffic to your blog, check out this page for tips.
- Multiple comments by one author. It’s wonderful you want to be engaged, but please give others a chance to speak, too.
- Really long comments. Let’s just say that if you need to take more than three breaths to read your comment, it’s probably too long.
- Digressions. Please keep your comments on topic.
- Inflammatory or offensive comments. Please be respectful to other commenters in your comments and word choice. Insults and profanity are just not acceptable.
I reserve the right to delete comments that “break the rules” noted above. I also delete comments that are written entirely in another language, as well as those that are difficult to understand due to serious grammatical and spelling errors.
I hope you’ll appreciate and stand by these guidelines. The goal is to make Sandi’s Notebook a place for both information and feedback. What you say matters.